Hello SWE! We hope that you are doing well in this time of fear and confusion due to COVID-19. However, the best we can do as a community is to STAY AT HOME and practice SOCIAL DISTANCING. We must lessen the amount of people contracting this virus to lessen the workload of our medical personnel who are risking their lives for people in DIRE NEED.
With that being said, we understand that staying home is hard for some of you who are used to doing things. To help our members with ideas on what to do while they are quarantined, SWE will continue to post WIND DOWN WEDNESDAY activities for members and the like to do at home. We will try our best to continue with activities for our members, so stay updated!!
3/25 Sharpie Tie Dye Bookmarks
What you need:
• A plastic jar (milk jug, juice jug, I used a plastic cookie box), Sharpie markers, Rubbing Alcohol, Cotton ball, Scissors, Hole punch, Ribbon or string, Spray varnish or clear polish
What to do:
1. Cut your plastic jar into a rectangular shape
2. Color your bookmark using the Sharpies
3. Soak the cotton ball in the alcohol
4. Drip small drops of the alcohol randomly over the bookmark using the cotton ball
5. Let the bookmark sit. Do not tilt or all the colors will blend together.
6. If you don’t like the results you can wipe off and try again. Experiment with the amount of alcohol you put.
7. Once you are satisfied with the result, let the bookmark dry completely
8. To prevent the Sharpie Tie Dye from rubbing off use a spray varnish or clear polish. Spray/Paint lightly and quickly.
9. Punch a hole in the top of the bookmark and add ribbon or string.
10. If you have beads or buttons you can also add them for extra decoration.
1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Room EN3-110 Long Beach, California 90840
For questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all images pictured belong to CSULB SWE.
California State University, Long Beach Society of Women Engineers